One of the worst things that can happen to your laptop is the motherboard failure which often results in motherboard repair. If the motherboard is seriously damaged and beyond repair, you would definitely need to consider buying a new laptop. This is certainly necessary as the motherboard of a laptop is very expensive, even from some cheap motherboard suppliers, and usually not covered by a warranty.
But before you jump to the conclusion, thoroughly assess the motherboard damage. You need to decide between two options – repairing the laptop motherboard or buying a new laptop.
Take a look at these signs of motherboard failure:
1. The computer has been switched on and is being indicated by the light, and the fan also starts to spin. But there is complete black – out on the computer screen with the hard drive not working within 10 – 15 seconds.
2. The initial start up functions appear like indicative light, fan and hard drive sound, but disappears after 5 – 3 minutes.
3. A high pitched sound comes from the laptop when you press the “on” button.
4. When you have switched on the computer, nothing happens.
There are numerous reasons for motherboard failure. Some common and often unlooked corners include:
1. Electric and voltage fluctuations
2. Dust particles, smoke, laptops age
3. Fan failure often causing over heating issues
4. Crash or physical damage